Looking for work?
Rocky View and Wheatland Employment Services provides you with all the tools you need to make your job search successful. Our Career Advisors and job search resources can help you get the job you want.
Who We Help
Our services are available to anyone living in Airdrie, Cochrane, Strathmore and the surrounding areas. All of our services are offered free of charge.
Rocky View and Wheatland Employment Services will help you with your employment and career goals, including helping you identify the steps needed to reach your goals. Our services include:
- Assistance with resumes and cover letters
- Building your interview skills
- Providing you with information on the local job market
- Access to computers and the Internet, as well as Microsoft Word (no charge)
- Access and use of our printers, copier, scanner, fax machine and phones (no charge)
- Career advising and testing
- Government publications on job search and career development (no charge)
Meetings with a Career Advisor can be made through booking an appointment, or through walk-in.
Our experienced Career Advisors can help you in a variety of ways, from basic job search information to an in-depth evaluation of your skills and career opportunities. We can provide:
- Individual employment advising
- Help identifying employment skills and goals
- Coaching and assistance with work-search strategies
- Workshops including:
You can direct your own progress by accessing our:
- Local job postings
- Resources related to work search
- Computers, printers and internet access
- Telephone, fax and photocopier services
- Are you over 50 years of age?
- Experiencing difficulty in securing employment?
- Could your basic job search skills be improved?
- Would you benefit from basic computer training?
We can help! The WorkWise program at Rocky View and Wheatland Employment Services has been designed just for you! WorkWise is a skill-building program designed especially for Mature Workers and operates out of the Airdrie location. Over the course of six weeks, our experienced team delivers a range of pre-employment services. This program is facilitated at no cost to residents of the Airdrie and immediate area.
Whether you are looking at an entirely new career, shifting gears to part-time employment, looking for volunteer work, or just need assistance in getting back into the workforce, WorkWise can help you!
- Employability Assessments
- Employment and career advising
- Skills identification
- Career Development and job search workshops.
- Basic computer and internet skills training.
- One-on-one assistance with job search activities.
- Wellness/stress management.
For more information, please contact us at:
or call 403-948-9711